Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wandering Randomness

Oh the madness and gladness of rain!  It is raw and damp/rainy.  The oven is on, slow-cooking a roast; I love the smell of garlic under layered spice (love herbs and spices) wafting through the rooms.  I have cleaned, ran errands, lamented my tight budget and blog hopped. I can't do the painting projects I'd planned so I've fiddled at little projects instead.  All is good.  The juices are flowing; I'm beginning to meet interesting people from all over (mainly the UK oddly enough) and feel like my horizons are expanding.  I knew it was coming again. 

It's a random, much needed kind of day.  I made myself finish the "must do" list before I settled at the laptop with a glass of wine (lately I've been into Malbec) and an appetizer of Buff Mozzarella, fresh basil (one of my top fave summer herbs) and Roma tomatoes.  I could survive quite nicely on this combo.  My husband and I are food snobs and have spent large quantities of cash on good restaurants, or, on indulging our food senses at home.  Somehow we are not big as houses, but then, money doesn't spend these days like it used to.

If we had our opportunity, he would likely open a book shop slash coffee/tea house.  I would find something to open right next door, or across the way so we could make google eyes at one another.  Maybe instead though, he'd open that bistro he's talked about too (I won't divulge his hook).  He's brilliant, if only he could see it.

Back to the rain: It brightened at one point, enough so I thought I would wander with my camera in hand, but it darkened before I could finish the thought of getting my shoes on.  Two nights ago, as I lowered the shade for bed, there was this incredible spiders web in the wires outside the window.  Between the screen the streetlamp, I could not capture the intricacy or the magnificence of the web, wet with rain.  Suffice it to say it was the most beautiful peace of artistry to think about before falling asleep.  I love to photograph, have I mentioned?

Yellow seems to be my theme color as of late.  I wonder what that means; is it laziness or unconcious meaning that makes one follow the same color?  I realized that I bought yellow pansies and gerber daisies, only after this week when drenched with rain interspersed with warm days and nights they've bloomed with madness.  Across our street are yellow flowers too, and creamy hydrangeas and I'm baffled.  I know I want blue and reds, but they haven't happened yet.  Just this yellow theme everywhere!  Maybe next weekend there will be a sale.  I miss my garden, but I've not been compelled to drive by it.  Lucky, it's out of the way too.  But, I'm pretty good at putting down, once I've decided I'm not carrying anymore.  I'd have made a good burro.  Perhaps in the next life. 

FATES! I love this time of year! 

I've got a little worry that's been plaguing my mind.  I can't leave it behind so I carry it along and try to pay attention. 

Thank you for following my wandering randomness.

1 comment: